Thank you for presenting at the International Nitrogen Initiative Conference 2016.
Feature oral presentations will be allocated 12 minutes for presentation, plus 2 minutes for question time. 1 minute will be provided between presentations for changeover.
The abstract of feature presentations will be included in the conference app for delegates to view on their smart devices.
Please check the online conference program to re-confirm the day, time and room of your session. Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again prior to your session.
Below are some tips to assist you, most importantly please ensure your start and finish your presentation on time.
Before the Conference
- To facilitate the delivery of presentations during the conference we recommend that all Feature Oral and Impact Presentations are submitted online to the Audio Visual Technicians prior to the arrival at the MCG by COB Sunday 4 December 2016. The cloud will remain open for late submission / changes during the conference.
Please ensure your files are named with the conference name and the last and first name of the presenting author. INI2016_Lastname_Firstname. Embed any content such as audio or video – do not link to external files.
You should also bring a copy of your presentation to the conference on a USB as a back up. If you need to update your files in the online folder, please do so clearly showing they are an update in the file name.
- The presentation computers use PowerPoint with Windows operating system. As a back up, we suggest you bring your laptop if you use a Mac or require a specific or uncommon program. This should be coordinated in advance and any approved laptop/device must be presented to the in-room technician on your arrival at the conference.
- Note: Please ensure your PowerPoint presentations are in 16:9 aspect as 4:3 aspect (square) presentations will not fill the venues screens.
- Abstracts will be available on the conference website and also on the conference app. We will be emailing app download instructions to all delegates prior to the conference.
At the Conference
- Please visit the speakers preparation room (Olympic Lounge) prior to your presentation to ensure the AV technicians have received your presentation and it has been loaded successfully. The staff at the registration desk will direct you to the speakers preparation area.
- Please go to your session room 10 minutes prior to the start time to meet the session chair and familiarise yourself with the room.
- An AV technician in your room will assist you and troubleshoot any technical issues in the unlikely event these arise.
- Please sit in the front row so you can move to the lectern quickly when introduced by the Session Chair.
- The length of your presentation is noted in the online program and on the conference app. Please keep a strict eye on the time. Your allocated session length includes time for questions. We do not want to embarrass you, however the session chairs have been instructed to end all presentations after the allocated time, even if you are not finished, in order to keep the program on time.
- The session chair will flash time cards at 5 minutes, 2 minutes and 1 minute prior to the end of your presentation.
- At the end of your presentation the chair will ring a bell for you to conclude immediately.
- The chair will only be able to ask questions if you have finished on time.
- At the conclusion of the session any remaining time will be used for questions and discussion.
- If you have any queries, please direct these to the registration desk during the conference, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org